The Agile Model
Project management is an uphill task and with the extensive number of methodologies available in the market today, it has become chaotic for organizations to choose one from the other. The agile model has mushroomed rapidly and changed the software development market scenario completely.
If you are hard pressed for time for mobile application development then the agile model is best suitable for you. Software development is conducted in incremental and quick cycles. This results in small step-by-step releases based on the previous release’s functionality. Testing is thoroughly conducted in every step to maintain optimum software quality requirements. The different stages of the incremental cycles are similar to one another till the project reaches the final deployment stage.
The stages of the agile model are:
- Project initiation
- Incremental cycle
- Sprint Planning
- Next Iteration cycles
- The more widely used agile practices for enterprise projects include:
- Sprint; Iterative and incremental development; Continuous integration; Backlogs; Information radiators; Cross-functional team; Scrum meetings and Time-boxing.
Some of the popular Agile software development and testing methodologies include:
- Agile Scrum Methodology
- Feature Driven Development (FDD)
- Extreme Programming (XP)
- Lean Software Development
- Crystal Methodologies
- Dynamic Systems Development Method (DSDM)
Benefits of the Agile Model:
- Time being the essence for software applications, project time can be shortened to weeks with the agile model as compared to months in the waterfall model
- Project development cycles can be bifurcated into small sprints according to feature driven requirements
- Visually appealing designs can be worked on in small modules by different segments of the designing team
- Technical superiority and highly flexible working concept
- Clients are in constant touch throughout the SDLC with the development and testing teams and can make changes according to their suitability
- Satisfaction of end-users on getting iteration wise fully functional modules
- Changes can be effected during any stage of development or testing phase
- Errors nipped in the bud in real time
- Can efficiently adapt to changing software trends as and when required
- Cost effective as against to the waterfall model
Shortcomings of the Agile Model:
- The agile software development cycle essentially requires senior programmers for decision making
- Difficult for entrant or new developers to work without the guidance of superiors
- Complete emphasis on development cycle only thereby leaving minimal place for designing and documentation
- Estimations of work efforts are hard to judge for big ticket sized project deliverables at the initial stages of development
Best uses and benefits of the Agile Model
The agile model can be used to implement new changes or additions in the current system. The new changes can be applied with minimal cost. For implementing any new feature within the software, it would take a few hours or days work depending upon the feature for the development team or developer to incorporate it. This is due to the incremental stages of the agile model which can be rolled back without much ado. Since the agile methodology works according to user feedbacks wherein features can be retained, reprogrammed, added or deleted as per user needs, minimal planning is required to be conducted during the initial stages of the agile software development lifecycle approach. The agile model is convenient for developers who can create the project according to user satisfaction and plan, recode and initiate changes before forwarding it for quality testing analysis and final deployment of the project. Get psd to html services at affordable price.
The SME sector is all set to rub its shoulders with the corporate bigwigs. The technological vista has witnessed a sea change with emerging trends to surpass customer needs and effectively meet their demands with agility. Boosting up the software development lifecycle helps in garnering client-centric approaches and that’s where agile methodological comes in play. Agile methodology lessens software development lifecycles, enhances customer interaction, and assists in constant improvements during the project work, reduces flaws, saves time and increases value of the project as compared to the lengthy, time consuming and irreversible traditional waterfall methodology.
Mtoag Technologies has a major footprint in the web and mobile app development industry with an appreciable presence since more than 11 years. We offer best Mobile Application Development Services.Our team of dedicated agile programmers, designers, scrum technocrats, quality analysts and project consultants are second to none in the industry. We are adept at providing custom made solutions for your project requirements. If you are looking for an agile software development company, Mtoag is the right choice for you. Let’s initiate a voice call for a direct interaction with our efficient agile masters or you can even email us for your project’s best possible quote.
Choose the correct agile development approach suitable for your business concept.